MLA Awards and Honors
Lucretia W. McClure Excellence
in Education Award
The award, established in 1998 in honor of one of MLA's most respected
members, honors outstanding practicing librarians or library educators
in the field of health sciences librarianship and informatics who demonstrate
skills in one or more of the following areas: teaching, curriculum development,
mentoring, research, or leadership in education at local, regional, or
- 2012: Janet G. Schnall, AHIP
- 2011: Gale G. Hannigan
- 2010: Lauren Maggio
- 2009: K. Ann McKibbon
- 2008: Sarah K. McCord
- 2007: Renata Geer
- 2006: Connie Schardt
- 2005: Jo Dorsch
- 2004: Janis Glover and Kathyrn Nesbit (posthumously)
- 2003: none awarded
- 2002: Ellen Gay Detlefsen, D.L.S.
- 2001: Julie J. McGowan, Ph.D.
- 2000: Ana Cleveland, Ph.D.
- 1999: Lucretia W. McClure
For more information on the procedures for awards and honors nominations
or applications, contact Maria Lopez, 312.419.9094.