You are here
Submitting Articles for MLA News
- All articles submitted to the MLA News should contain timely information. Unit meeting recaps, survey results, awards, etc., should be submitted as soon as possible after they have occurred (i.e., within six months or by November/December copy deadline for current-year annual-meeting-related content).
- Articles should not exceed 700 words (one printed page); no more than 5 references are allowed.
- All articles are subject to editing and abridgment.
- Photographs and illustrations are encouraged. High-resolution electronic files are preferred and should be at least 300 dots per inch. Images copied from the web are not usually suitable for publication printing. Large images that cannot successfully be sent by email can be posted to MLA's FTP site--please email Susan Talmage for details.
- Articles must submitted via email should be single-spaced and include "MLA News copy" in the subject line.
- Letters to the editor are encouraged and will be published as space permits. Though letters may take issue with anything published in the MLA News, all letters must be respectful in tone and avoid confrontational or inflammatory language.
- Products, services, and events published in the MLA News do not constitute MLA's endorsement or approval and authors must not communicate an endorsement or approval.
- Submission deadlines are six weeks prior to publication.
All MLA News material, including events and personals, should be sent to the editor unless it concerns the subject areas of the editors listed below. Submission does not guarantee publication. For mailing address and phone number of editors, refer to the MLA Online Directory.
Laurie L. Thompson, AHIP, FMLA, Library, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center–Dallas, tel. 214.648.2626
Blogs to Follow
Kelly Gonzalez, AHIP, UTSW Medical Center Library, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center–Dallas
Meredith Ilyse Solomon, National Networks of Libraries of Medicine, New England Region, Lamar Soutter Health Sciences Library, University of Massachusetts Medical SchoolâWorcester
Jennifer Lloyd, LSU Health Libraries, Louisiana State University–New Orleans
Jana C. Liebermann, Policy Information Center, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC
Diane G. Cooper, AHIP, National Institutes of Health Library, Bethesda, MD
Donald Welch, Fortis Institute, Grand Prairie, TX
Nandita S. Mani, AHIP, Taubman Health Sciences Library, University of Michigan–Ann Arbor
Katie D. McLean, Health Sciences Library, Capital Health, Halifax, NS, Canada
Talicia Tarver, LSU Health Libraries, Louisiana State University–Shreveport
Leadership and Management
Current Chair, Leadership and Management Section
Medical Library Education
Jodi L. Philbrick, College of Information, University of North TexasâDenton
Saori Wendy Herman, AHIP, Hofstra North Shore–LIJ School of Medicine, Hempstead, NY
Jean Gudenas, Health Sciences Library, Loyola University, Maywood, IL
Articles submitted directly to the editor are due on the dates indicated below. Earlier deadlines may apply for articles being submitted to the column and department editors listed above. Please contact the appropriate editor for further information.