MLA '18 e-Conference Registration
e-Conference registration provides unlimited access to all the online annual meeting content through May 2019. The online format is perfect for a busy health information professional like you. With it, you and other meeting attendees get exclusive and on-demand access to online meeting content for one full year! Highlights include:
- video of all plenary sessions, generally posted 24 hours after the live event
- PowerPoint slides with audio for available contributed content sessions
- over 200 posters in the Online Poster Gallery (many now available!)
- view programming by topic
e-Conference registration provides unlimited access to all the online meeting content from May 2018 through May 2019 using desktop online meeting program or in the portable MLA '18 Meeting App.
Register Online for Personal e-Conference Access
For immediate access to content, log in to MLANET and register online.
All Members (including Emeritus, Student) $129
If you have questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com or call 312.419.9094, x17, Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Central time.
Have a group interested in viewing the MLA ’18 content? The e-Conference Site License enables your institution to provide online access for up to 25 staff members. Visit the online store to purchase a site license and enter names and emails for your staff.
MLA institutional members save $350 off the non-member rate.
Institutional Members: $699
Non-MLA Institutional Members: $1,049
If you have questions or need assistance. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.419.9094, x17, Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Central time.
View Meeting Content Using the Online Program Planner
- Login to MLANET using your membership user name and password or your guest user name/PW. (If PW is lost, use the reset PW option)
- Select Online Program Planner
- If your name doesn't appear in the upper right, login with the same user name/PW that you entered to login to MLANET.ORG
- Use the online program to select a session that you would like to see or hear. Click the 'VIDEO" or "AUDIO" box to launch the content. If there is no box, the session was not recorded. All Plenary Sessions are on Video and almost all Program Session are audio recorded with PowerPoint slides.
Note: Online Meeting Content is for your personal use only and is protected by copyright regulations. Reuse requires the permission of the author(s).
This is MLA’s premier event and draws more than 1,700 participants including medical librarians and other health information professionals, international attendees, and exhibitors. MLA ’18 offers a variety of opportunities for attending educational sessions, seeing the latest products in the Exhibit Hall, and networking with colleagues.
The meeting is a 4 and 1/2 day interdisciplinary educational experience, with a 3-day commercial exhibition that attracts over 100 exhibitors from around the world. Meeting highlights include the John P. McGovern Award Lecture, the Janet Doe Lecture, and over 200 peer-reviewed papers, lightning talks, and posters.
|Organizer||Medical Library Association|
|118th Annual Meeting and Exhibition
May 18-23, 2018
|The Hyatt Regency Atlanta
265 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
|Friday and Saturday, May 18–19: Pre-Meeting Continuing Education (CE) Courses
Saturday, May 19 (5:00pm): Welcome Reception and Opening of the Hall of Exhibits
Sunday–Wednesday (noon), May 20–May 23: Meeting programs
Tuesday-Wednesday (noon), May 22-May 23: Symposium on Health Information for Public Librarians
Look forward to several innovations for MLA's 118th meeting:
- Diversity and inclusion: plan to attend programming an open forum on diversity and inclusion, including Wednesday keynote presentations by Dara Richardson-Heron, MD, chief engagement officer, All of Us Research Program, National Institutes of Health, and by David Satcher, MD, founding director, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine.
- Health Information for Public Librarians: 150 public librarians will be joining the meeting for a 1 and 1/2 day symposium of interest to both public librarians and health sciences librarians. The symposium offers programming in the area of health information to the public and provides a unique opportunity for public and health sciences librarians to network.
Public librarians interested in the symposium on health information, please go to the specific information page.
We've listed links to common questions below. Please click on the left menu for additional information:
- Online Program & Itinerary Planner
- Preliminary Program (pdf)
- Schedule at a Glance (pdf)
- Overview by Topic
- Featured Speakers
- 2018 Awards and Recognitions
|Online Program Search||Overview by Topic|
|The MLA '18 Online Program shows room assignments, abstracts, speakers, and many other program details. The Online Program is searchable so that you can browse through the program or use keyword search to quickly find specific sessions that match your interests. Get started, and search for:
With e-Confernce registration, after youi log in, the Itinerary Planner will allow you to view selected sessions.
|We've sorted through key content and grouped it by a few major themes. There's a lot more, but you can start here if you want to:
Read the MLA ’18 blog.