FEMA Courses Approved for the Disaster Information Specialization
FEMA Courses approved for the DIS are listed below.
If a course link is bad, DIS approval has expired. Please contact MLA's Professional Development Department for more information.
Click here to view DIS offerings approved for MLA CE credit (MEDLIB-ED).
Required for the Basic Level
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System, 3 CE credits
- IS-100.C: Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100, 3 CE credits
Electives for Basic or Advanced Levels
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System, 3.5 CE credits
- IS-200.C: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response, 4 CE credits
- IS-315.A: CERT and the Incident Command System (ICS), 2 CE credits
- IS-2905: Coordinating Health and Social Services Recovery, 3 CE credits
- IS-35.21: FEMA Safety Orientation 2021, 2 CE credits
- IS-251.A: Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) for Alerting Administrators, 2 CE credits
- IS-317.A: Introduction to Community Emergency Response Team (CERTs), 2 CE credits
- IS-2901: Introduction to Community Lifelines, 1 CE credit
- IS-1300: Introduction to Continuity of Operations, 1 CE credit
- IS-363: Introduction to Emergency Management for Higher Education, 3 CE credits
- IS-520: Introduction to Continuity of Operations Planning for Pandemic Influenzas, 1 CE credit
- IS-559: Local Damage Assessment, 2 CE credits
- IS-703.B: National Incident Management System Resource Management, 3.5 CE credits
- IS-800.D: National Response Framework, An Introduction, 3 CE credits
- IS-42: Social Media in Emergency Management, 3 CE credits