The following MLA Chapters offer full or partial AHIP fee assistance. Please contact the chapter for more information or to apply.
Support for First-time Applicants
In order to support the professional growth of its members, the Chapter offers one-time subsidies to partially offset application fees for Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) membership.
Each calendar year, two (2) $100 subsidies are available for NEW, first-time applicants.
Total amount to be awarded: not more than $200 per calendar year.
AHIP First-Time Applicant Award
Participant will be reimbursed for their AHIP application fee
- Current member of MLGSCA Chapter and of MLA (National) as of AHIP application.
- First time applicant for AHIP membership at any level.
- Completed AHIP documentation and payment submitted to the Medical Library Association and AHIP membership successfully awarded.
Chapter member will be reimbursed for the AHIP application fee ($200 Academy Member level or above, or $135 Provisional member level)
Funding Opportunity for First-Time AHIP Applicants:
The MCMLA Chapter Executive Board has made available a one-time grant to fund first-time, successful AHIP applications. Awards will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. The funding will be available for first-time AHIP memberships granted in the year of application.
Support for AHIP Credentialing
First time Academy applicants will be reimbursed for the AHIP application fee ($200 Academy Member level or above, or $135 Provisional member level).
Renewing Academy applicants will be reimbursed at half of the AHIP application fee ($100 Academy Member level or above).
AHIP First-Time Award
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Academy of Health Information Professionals? The PNC/MLA Chapter has an award available for two first-time applicants who are PNC/MLA members.
Linda Katz AHIP First-Time Applicant Grant
- Current member of the Philadelphia Regional Chapter, MLA
- First time applicant for AHIP membership
- Completed AHIP documentation submitted to the MLA
AHIP First-Time Applicant Award
This award encourages chapter members to participate in the Medical Library Association's Academy of Health Information Professional (AHIP) credentialing program. Up to 10 awards will be given each calendar year.
To qualify, applicants must be current members of both SCC and MLA and a first-time applicant for AHIP membership at any level, and they must have submitted complete AHIP documentation to MLA and received notification that AHIP membership was successfully awarded. Award winners are eligible to receive the award only once and will be reimbursed for their personal payment of the AHIP application fee.
Applicants should apply for reimbursement within six (6) months of being accepted into the Academy by submitting the following to the South Central Chapter Credentialing Committee Chair:
- Copy of the letter of acceptance into the Academy of Health Information Professionals
- A letter requesting to be considered for the AHIP First-Time Applicant Award
- Copy of receipt showing proof of individual personal payment of the AHIP application fee
Reimburses $100 annually for one UNYOC Chapter member who is a first time applicant. Please contact the UNYOC Credentialing Liaison for more information.