Caucus and Domain Hub Educational Opportunities
Caucuses and Domain Hubs interested in offering an informal educational "Meet Up" or a more formal MLA CE credit course--you've come to the right place! Read the information below and follow the steps to get your idea off the ground.
Educational Meet Ups
This option provides an opportunity to gather and discuss educational topics informally. Educational meetup participants would not earn MLA CE credit.
To get your Meet Up scheduled:
- Complete the Caucus/Domain Hub Educational Meetup Form to request a meet up for your caucus or domain hub members
- MLA Education Staff will review the form to insure that there is no content or timing conflict with an MLA CE credit offering.
- Upon approval, the requestor and caucus leaders will receive Zoom meeting information to distribute to their caucus or domain hub members.
Meet Up details:
- Participants must be caucus members
- Caucus/Domain Hub members will host and run the meetup.
- Meet Up capacity will be limited to 100 participants.
- A recording of the Meet Up will be sent to the requestor and caucus/domain hub leaders after the event. The recording will be available for 3 months
- The Meet Up will not be listed in MEDLIB-ED.
Please contact Tomi Gunn with questions about Caucus/Domain Hub Educational Meet Ups.
Caucus or Domain Hub MLA CE Credit Course
To sponsor a more formal course for MLA CE credit:
- Caucus or domain hub representative coordinates with the instructor/presenter to complete both the “Submit a Course for MLA CE Approval or Submit a Proposal” form and the Schedule a Course on MEDLIB-ED form. You must login to MLANET to access these forms.
- Once both forms are submitted, MLA Education Staff reviews the submission(s) for approval and provides confirmation.
- Upon approval:
- MLA Education Staff will notify requestor of course approval and scheduled date of the course/webinar.
- If requested, MLA Education Staff will set up course/webinar using MLA's Zoom account. Hosts may also use their own account.
- MLA Education Staff will provide information to the requestor so that the caucus/hub can run the course/webinar on their own including confirmation/login and enrollment codes so participants can claim MLA CE Credit.
- If not using MLA's account, host will give MLA Education Staff an MP4 recording of the course/webinar.
- Caucus/domain hub members host the course/webinar.
- Participants must be MLA members to participate
- No fee charged
- Caucus/domain hub will promote the course/webinar to their members. (Contact Susan Talmage to post an announcement in MLAConnect. Deadline is Friday at 5pm CST for the following week's Thursday edition)
- The offering will be scheduled and listed in MEDLIB-ED in the Scheduled Courses Catalog until the date of the live course/webinar .
- MLA CE hours are approved for one year.
- After the live course/webinar, the offering will be listed in MEDLIB-ED in the Unscheduled Catalog for one year.
- Webinar recording will remain in the catalog for one year
If the offering was not approved, MLA Education Staff would send an email to the requestor for more information.
Please contact Debra Cavanaugh with questions about MLA CE credit courses.