Cancer Librarians Caucus
Members: 81 Discussions: 312 Files: 10
Since 1981, the Cancer Librarians Caucus has provided leadership to information professionals specializing in clinical and patient-level cancer librarianship. Founded by a group of 40 dedicated librarians, our caucus has currently grown to over 150 oncology specialists, worldwide, who continue:
- to provide a forum for cooperation and communications among librarians having a special interest in cancer-related libraries and information services;
- to promote the continued development of cancer libraries, information resources and services;
- to meet, network and engage with leaders nationwide who share our interest in improving the public’s health through improved access to cancer information.
The Cancer Librarians Caucus (formerly the Cancer Librarians Section) won MLA's Section Project of the Year in 2012 for innovative programming.
Have you ever asked:
- Where can I find cancer information on the Internet?
- How can I help consumers identify reliable cancer information?
- How can I continue to improve my cancer database searching?
For answers to these questions, and many others, join the Cancer Librarians Caucus of the Medical Library Association (MLA).
We invite you to join us to share the many benefits of membership, which include:
- Forum: Meet the leaders in cancer librarianship as you discuss news, trends, and ideas and glean the advice of seasoned professionals and recent learners alike
- Newsletter: Read about recent developments in our caucus and in the global cancer community
- Community website: Connect to tools and publications developed to inform, enlighten and improve your oncology information knowledge-base
- Member directory
The Cancer Caucus maintains three major public resources:
- Core Cancer Library: Essential titles for professional and patient cancer libraries
- Patient Libraries Listing: List your library and market your services to the global cancer library community. Locate other patient cancer information specialists and connect with experts in the field instantly!
- Recommended websites covering cancer and related topics: A resource for medical librarians to use in their daily practice and teaching as well as for patients. This curated list includes resources that meet quality criteria for currency, credibility, content, audience, etc.
Cancer Librarians Caucus Leaders