International Cooperation Caucus
Members: 74 Discussions: 571 Files: 7
The International Cooperation Caucus (ICC) provides opportunities for participation in international cooperation projects, promotes awareness of international issues, provides a mechanism for addressing and responding to the needs of international members, and fosters communication in the international library area. ICC members are the driving force of international programs in the Medical Library Association (MLA).
Any MLA member is eligible to join ICC. You may live and/or work in the USA or another country.
Consider becoming a member of the ICC if you would like to:
- Be part of a dynamic group within MLA fostering international programs.
- Promote and share ideas of international cooperation.
- Get the international perspective on trends and developments in our profession.
- Provide opportunities for participation in international cooperation projects.
- Provide a mechanism for addressing and responding to the needs of libraries in developing countries.
- Be eligible for the Avraham Reis ICC International Conference Travel Grant.
- The recipient receives a grant for $500 to be used for travel and conference-related expenses for attending an international health sciences library conference, such as IFLA, AHILA, or EAHIL (contact ICC Chair for further details)
ICC members have access to the caucus forum, member directory, and ICC blog.
ICC sponsors the MLA/ICC International Visiting Health Information Professionals Program.