Former Executive Secretaries and Executive Directors
In 1961, the association established a central office and Helen Brown Schmidt was appointed as executive secretary. In 1972, the association hired its first full-time executive director.
Learn more about these MLA leaders who helped shape association programs and services by reading their oral histories.
- Kevin Baliozian, 2015-present
- Carla J. Funk, 1992-2015
- Raymond A. Palmer, 1982-1991
- Ann E. Kerker, AHIP, FMLA, Interim Executive Director, 1981-1982
- Shirley Echelman, 1978-1981
- John S. LoSasso, 1973-1978
- Helen Brown Schmidt, 1961-1973