Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant
The Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant recognizes Ysabel Bertolucci’s exemplary career as a members of the Medical Library Association (MLA) and her many contributions to its sections, chapters, and board. Endowed in 2014, the Bertolucci Grant recognizes a health sciences librarian who is involved in nursing, allied health, consumer health or international librarianship. The recipient receives a certificate at the Association’s annual meeting and a stipend of up to $1,000 to be used for travel and meeting-related expenses for attending the MLA annual meeting.
- Applicant must be an individual member of MLA.
- Preferred that applicant is a member of the Nursing and Allied Health Resources Section (NAHRS), Consumer and Patient Health Information Section (CAPHIS), or International Cooperation Section (ICS). Proof of MLA section membership may be obtained by contacting MLA Member Services.
- Applicant must be currently employed as a health sciences or medical librarian and have an interest in nursing, allied health, consumer health, or international librarianship.
- Preferred that applicant have between two and five years experience as a health sciences librarian at the time of the annual meeting.
- Applicant must complete an application including a 200-word statement answering the questions listed below.
- No more than one awardee from any given institution will be awarded the grant in a single year.
Priority consideration criteria:
- Applicant is a member of NAHRS, CAPHIS, or ICS.
- Applicant is a first time attendee at MLA.
- Applicant is presenting (or has submitted) a paper or a poster at MLA’s annual meeting.
- Applicant has MLA committee, jury, section, or special interest group (SIG) assignments.
- Winners will be reimbursed up to $1,000 in actual travel and meeting-related expenses after the conference; expense statements and receipts must be submitted to MLA.
- A person may receive this award only once.
- If no candidate is determined eligible, no award will be given.
- Letters of reference are NOT requested or desired.
- Completed online application;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Section membership confirmation;
- A 200-word statement answering the question, "Why are you interested in nursing/allied health/consumer health/international librarianship?” and “What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual meeting?"
- Current photo uploaded to member profile for promotional purposes. (optional)
Ready to Submit an Application?
- Choose the 2019 Bertolucci Grant online application form.
- Complete online form and upload all documents no later than December 1, 11:59 p.m. (CT).
- Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
- 2018: Alexandria Quesenberry
- 2017: Robin O'Hanlon
- 2016: Jennifer Leigh Kaari
- 2015: Karin Saric
Have a question? Contact MLA's grants coordinator