Caucus Project of the Year Award
The Medical Library Association (MLA) Caucus Project of the Year Award was established by the MLA Board of Directors in 2010. The award was proposed as one of the ways to encourage health sciences librarians to demonstrate their creativity, ingenuity, cooperation, and leadership within the framework of the mandate of the section. These attributes must be shown through special projects beyond the normal operational programming of the section..
- Nominees must be caucuses of the MLA as defined by the MLA Bylaws.
- Support by the caucus for the application, as evidenced by an endorsement from the chair on behalf of the executive committee or officiating body of the caucus.
- Application is made for excellence in special projects or innovative operational programming demonstrating advocacy, leadership, service, technology, or innovations that contribute to the advancement of health sciences librarianship.
- Evidence and assessment of the achievements and impact of the project on the profession and the members of the affected caucuses must be demonstrated through goals, objectives, and project evaluation or outcome.
- The project must have been completed within the three years preceding the date of the application or must be an ongoing program that accomplishes the same goals set out for project criteria. Projects/programs achievements and impact of the project on the profession and the members of the affected section/caucus must be demonstrated through goals, objectives, and project evaluation or outcome.
- Application form, including all supporting documentation, must be completed no later then March 1.
- Application must be accompanied by an acknowledgement and endorsement letter from the section/caucus chair on behalf of the executive committee or officiating body of the section/caucus.
- Applicant must agree to having the project shared on MLANET and highlighted at the annual meeting.
- A letter of support from caucus chair approving this submission. (required)
- Up to 6 photos featuring the project. (optional)
- One 1–2 minute video highlighting the project. (optional)
All projects submitted for this awards will be posted on MLANET and voted on by the Community Council members. The winning section/caucus will have special ribbons available at the annual meeting for their section/caucus members. An award certificate will be presented to the recipient section/caucus chair or other officer/member designated as the representative. The representative of caucus assumes all costs of attending the meeting and the ceremony at which the presentation is made. If there are no appropriate candidates, the association may elect not to present the award in a given year.
Ready to Submit an Application?
- Choose the 2020 Caucus Project of the Year Award application.
- Once saved, the application form remains open for changes or to upload supporting documents until March 1, 2020 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
- Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
Past Award Recipients
- 2019: Pharmacy and Drug Information Section: The Pharmacy Citation Format Guide
- 2018: Dental Section: A Comprehensive Summary of Services and Resources Provided by Librarians in support of CODA Accredited Predoctoral (DDS/DMD) Dental Education Programs in the United States and Canada
- 2017: Medical Informatics Section: “Data Discovery Bootcamp!”
- 2016: Veterinary Medical Libraries Section: “Promoting and Advocating for the Profession: Creating a Multi-Faceted Illustrated History of the Veterinary Medical Libraries Section (VMLS) and Its Impact”
- 2015: Educational Media and Technologies Section: “Delving into Distance Support: Instructional Design, Library Role and Social Media” webinar
- 2014: Medical Library Education Section: “New Voices” Program
- 2013: Federal Libraries Section: Federal Libraries Value Project
- 2012: Cancer Librarians Section: “Revitalize Your Message,” innovative programming for MLA ’11
- 2011: none awarded
Have a question? Contact MLA’s awards coordinator.