MLA | SLA '23 Latest News
MLA | SLA '23 Health & Safety Protocols
[UPDATED May 8, 2023]
Protecting yourself, your colleagues, and your customers
On Friday May 5, the World Health Organization declared that COVID-19 no longer met the criteria as a “Public Health Emergency of International Concern”. The White House is expected to end the state of emergency for COVID-19 in the United States on May 11.
Original MLA | SLA ’23 health and safety protocols were designed to ensure the safety of all attendees. Many conference attendees work in healthcare organizations that maintained vaccination and other requirements to ensure staff and patient safety.
What now for MLA | SLA ’23?
- Restrictions for attending the conference have now been lifted.
- According to the CDC, the COVID-19 community level for Wayne County, Michigan is LOW.
- We are pleased to note that almost all MLA | SLA ’23 in-person attendees and exhibitor representatives attested to being vaccinated while registering.
- For those who regularly wear masks in public places and wish to do so at the conference, we encourage you to bring masks with you that you know are comfortable. Forgot your masks? A limited number of colorful packaged KN95 masks will be available onsite.
- Anyone who chooses may also pick up a social distancing button during onsite registration. Please respect the distancing preferences of other in-person attendees.
- Should you feel ill, Rapid Antigen COVID -19 tests will be available through onsite EMTs. Please stop by the Registration Desk to schedule a test; testing is $35 per incident.
Our goal is to continue to reduce your risk of exposure to COVID-19 during the conference.
Direct any questions to Kate Corcoran.