Travel Information: Welcome to New Orleans!
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
With one of the newest terminals in the US (opened November 2019), the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) sits about 15 miles west of downtown New Orleans/Hilton New Orleans Riverside and currently hosts 18 airlines (including American, United, Delta, Southwest, Frontier, and Alaska) serving over 60 nonstop destinations (see interactive map).
From baggage claim, you're about 20-30 minutes from the hotel, with easy access to taxis, shuttles, or ride services.
Taxis pick up passengers in a dedicated taxi loading zone on the Arrivals Curb outside of Level 1 Baggage Claim Door 7.
Taxi rides cost $36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) or French Quarter (west of Elysian Fields) for up to two (2) passengers. For three (3) or more passengers, the fare will be $15.00 per passenger. Taxis are required to accept credit card payments.
Shuttle service is available from the airport to hotels and various other locations in the New Orleans for $24.00 (per person, one-way) or $44.00 (per person, round-trip). Purchase tickets at the Airport at the Airport Shuttle ticket booth located on Level 1 Baggage Claim between Doors 3 and 4. Those needing wheelchair-accessible service should also call 1-866-596-2699 for assistance.
Visit airportshuttleneworleans.com/ for further information or to make advance reservations.
Ride app services (Lyft or Uber) pick up passengers outside of Level 1 Baggage Claim on the middle curb. Detailed instructions for either service is available at https://flymsy.com/ride-app-2/.
Sightsee by Streetcar
Three street car lines are currently in operation:
- Catch the #47 Canal - Cemeteries a short walk from the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in front of Harrah's Casino
- Or, the catch the #48 Canal - City Park/Muse streetcar at the same location for a ride near City Park, the New Orleans Museum of Art, and the Singing Oak.
- Pick up the #12 St. Charles streetcar at Canal and Carondelet for a westbound trip past the National WWII Museum or one of the most photographed mansions in New Orleans, the Buckner Mansion.
- See fare information and methods of accepted payment for all public transportation routes.
- Get the app for public transportation in New Orleans (works on streetcars and buses).