MLA ’22 Registration Information
We look forward to welcoming you to New Orleans, LA, and online for MLA '22: Reconnect, Renew, Reflect!
Please read the following registration information and policies before you register.
Early Bird Registration (for full-experience, in-person registrations)
Register by March 11, 2022, to receive the early-bird discount savings for all full experience in-person registrations.
Payment (all registrations)
- Payment must accompany your registration. You may pay by check or money order payable to MLA or via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.) Payments must be in US dollars and free of bank charges.
- You are not considered registered until payment has been received. If you are attending MLA '22 in-person, payment must be received ahead of your arrival in New Orleans or ahead of the virtual offerings that begin on April 27. If you need an exception, please contact Kate Corcoran as soon as you register and have an invoice available in the system. Any payments not received by June 7, 2022, will be charged an $80 late fee.
- Electronic/Wire Transfer Information: Select the "Pay by Wire Transfer" or "Pay by Electronic Payment" buttons on your registration invoice to see detailed information for submitting wire or electronic payments, or contact MLA at email@example.com for transfer information.
Confirmations (all registrations)
When you register and pay online, you will receive a confirmation by email within minutes. For easy badge retrieval, please bring your confirmation letter with you to the MLA Registration Center.
If you do not receive an emailed confirmation, please check your spam or junk email box or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can forward you a copy.
Member Discounts (all registrations)
MLA members in good standing are eligible for discounted member rates, which save you more than $200 over nonmember meeting fees. To qualify for member rates, your MLA membership for 2022 must be renewed prior to registration; nonmembers may create an account and join on MLANET ahead of registering for the virtual or full-experience in-person conference.
Registering for an institutional package without access to your representative's record? Contact email@example.com for options!
As a service to the profession, members of the following groups qualify for MLA member registration rates; if you are not a member of MLA but belong to any of the following organizations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code and indicate to which organization you belong:
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft fϋr Medizinisches Bibliothekswesen (AGMB) [German Medical Library Group]
- Association for Health Information and Libraries in Africa (AHILA)
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE)
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliothèques de la santé du Canada (CHLA/ABSC)
- European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL)
- Japan Medical Library Association (JMLA)
- Korean Medical Library Association (KMLA)
- Medical Library Association of Nigeria
- Special Libraries Association (SLA)
- Taiwan Medical Library Association (TMLA)
Student Discount (virtual of full-experience in-person)
Special Services (all registrations)
If you have any accommodation (for in-person or virtual attendance) or dietary requirement, please include a description when you register. Describe your needs and include an email address where we can contact you for more information. MLA must receive the information by April 11, 2022.
Children (for full-experience in-person attendees)
In accordance with MLA '22 health and safety protocols, no unvaccinated children are permitted in the MLA '22 meeting spaces and children under thirteen are not permitted in the exhibit hall. Any accompanying children must have badges. Complimentary badges will be available at the MLA Registration Desk. Advance registration for guests and accompanying children will be available closer to the in-person conference to registered attendees.
If you require child care services, please contact Kate Corcoran for available providers.Please note that MLA is not able to recommend providers based on experience. The information will be provided as a convenience to parents who may wish to make arrangements for child care services while in New Orleans. MLA makes no claims regarding provider services and parents are urged to address any questions or concerns directly with individual providers.
All cancellations for any meeting registration or CE course must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Meeting cancellations received by March 31, 2022, are subject to a $50 fee. You will be assessed a $50 fee for each CE course change or cancellation. However, MLA will honor written requests to transfer meeting registration or CE registration to another person without charge.
After March 31, 2022, MLA will give refunds only for documented medical emergencies, and only for the full experience in-person conference fee portion. Refunds will be processed within six weeks after the meeting.
Onsite Registration Center
Sponsored by Wolters Kluwer
Meeting materials and badges will be distributed at the MLA Registration Center at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Lobby E. You will be required to show proof of vaccination as accepted by MLA '22 health and safety protocols before you can obtain your badge. We strongly encourage advance online registration to speed your way through the registration process.
The MLA Registration Center will be open during the following hours:
Tuesday, May 3.............. 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 4......... 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 5.............. 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Friday, May 6................... 7:00 a.m.–NOON