MLA '21 Service Project: Community of Hope
We are pleased to continue our community outreach and are honored to partner with Community of Hope, a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission-driven nonprofit organization that provides housing, healthcare, and supportive services for low-income families in Washington, DC. With a team of over 300 compassionate staff, hundreds of volunteers, and thousands of donors, they are building a strong and sustainable organization that is caring for families, improving lives, and leading change.
Caring for Families. Improving Lives. Leading Change.
IT ALL STARTS WITH HOPE
With hope, one can accomplish anything. Families who struggle with poverty and homelessness can achieve their goals. They can overcome challenges like having no safe place to sleep, poor health, and unemployment, and enjoy connected families with happy and healthy children.
IT TAKES A COMMUNITY
With the help of our community of donors, volunteers and partners, Community of Hope stays focused on its strategic goals.
End homelessness for families in Washington, DC.
Through five housing programs, Community of Hope keeps families – all along the continuum of homelessness – safe with a roof over their heads. Case managers give families the support they need at the most pivotal times and link them to resources such as job referrals, counseling and mentoring programs for their children.
Improve health and eliminate inequities in health outcomes in under-resourced communities in Washington, DC.
Community of Hope has three Federally Qualified Health Centers and one community resource hub across the District that meet the medical, dental, and emotional wellness needs of the un- and under-insured. They provide quality, compassionate care and an outstanding patient experience, regardless of insurance or ability to pay. Their health staff engages patients to keep DC healthy through affordable and accessible healthcare.
Together, we are the Community of Hope
With a team of over 300 compassionate staff, hundreds of volunteers, and thousands of donors, Community of Hope builds a strong and sustainable organization that is caring for families, improving lives, and leading change.
Community of Hope
- cares for families by providing direct services with a focus on prevention, healing, and wellness.
- improves lives by building on families’ strengths, honoring their choices, and taking a whole-family, multi-generational approach.
- leads and advocates for system change to address the effects of historical and current racial inequities on health outcomes and housing opportunities.
- embraces the diversity of our community, welcome all voices and perspectives, and treat everyone with respect, compassion, and integrity.
- strives for excellence in all that they do, implementing evidence-based practices, measuring outcomes, and using this knowledge to continuously strengthen their work.
Won't you help us make a difference? Your gift to Community of Hope improves the health and quality of life for low-income and homeless families in DC.
There are many ways you can help.
- Donate directly to Community of Hope: Donate to help low-income and homeless families and individuals in DC receive the housing and healthcare they desperately need. Give today!
- Donate housing essentials: Donate new or gently used household items or parent/baby supplies to help new families and families moving into their own homes with a smooth transition. Check out Community of Hope’s Amazon Wishlist for accepted items.
- Donate while you shop online: Select Community of Hope as your charitable organization on AmazonSmile, and the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to Community of Hope at no additional cost to you. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know, same products, same prices, same service. Sign up now: https://smile.amazon.com
- Donate by mail: You can mail checks (made out to Community of Hope) to Community of Hope, 4 Atlantic Street, SW, Washington, DC 20032. Be sure to specify “MLA vConference” in the memo section of your check.