MLA '21 vConference Financial Support
Attending an annual conference is a professionally rewarding experience. The MLA annual conference is the largest gathering of health sciences librarians and offers many opportunities for you to build a professional network, learn about the latest research, and participate in discussions about issues affecting the profession. Be sure to also check with local chapters for additional funding opportunities.
No Charge Conference Assistance
MLA is pleased to offer its members this free registration for the MLA '21 vConference and Exhibits. Funding is provided through generous sponsors and the MLA annual budget.
- is a current 2021 member of MLA
- Not a member yet? see membership options
- is a health information professional
- fulfills one of the following criteria based on employment status:
- if furloughed: no funding is available from the employer
- if employed: no funding is available from the employer
- is unable to financially self-fund registration
The applicant will also be asked for the following information:
- presenting at annual meeting
- name of current or former employer and contact information
- justification or additional information regarding employment status and funding availability
- previous MLA annual conference assistance
- MLA profile information must be current
- First-come-first-serve: applications are reviewed by a jury in the order they were received
- Decisions are at the discretion of the jury
- MLA’s objective is to provide a reply within 2 weeks of the application
- If awarded the applicant must have paid 2021 membership dues and accept the offer within 14 days of notification
- Recipients will receive a unique enrollment code (in late April) to complete the registration process for a free Conference and Exhibits registration. Refunds will not be given to awardees who are already registered as part of an institutional registration or individual registration.
- Free registrations are not subject to tax (i.e., no W9/1099 filing)
Please note that funding for the no-charge registrations is limited and designed to support those individuals with genuine significant hardship. If you can afford to self-fund your registration, please consider letting others apply.
- Choose 2021 vConference and Exhibits - No Charge Registration application.
Have a question? Contact MLA