MLA ’21: Call for Submissions
The 2021 National Program Committee invites abstract submissions that support the annual meeting theme of “Transforming our Diversifying Communities." The call has been divided into two calls for submission:
- Call for papers and immersion sessions: Now open! Deadline is extended to November 5, 2020, 6:00 p.m., central time
- Call for posters and lightning talks: Will open in early January 2021
Accept and decline letters will be sent in early December for immersion sessions and papers, and early February for lightning talks and posters.
How to Submit
- Submit your paper structured abstract with a description of a research project or program using the guidelines on MLANET.
- Groups (caucuses, chapters, and others) can submit proposals for substantial, focused content sessions (for example, invited speakers or panel presentations) in the first call. Previously known as special content sessions, these are now called immersion sessions.
- The MLA Research Caucus awards individuals with the best research-based papers and posters. Details about research awards for MLA ’21 will be provided once MLA’s new community structure is in place.
FAQs and More Information
- To review criteria for all abstract types, please see the MLA ’21 FAQ: Papers, Posters, Lightning Talks, and Immersion Sessions
- Previous MLA Research Award winners: 2020 | 2016–2017 | 2011–2015 | 2006–2010 | 2001–2005 | 1996–2000
Questions: Contact the Contributed Content Planning Group
Contributed Content Planning Group
- Papers: Barbara Ballew, AHIP, Alexa Mayo, AHIP, Kim Mears, and Jennifer Schram, AHIP
- Posters: Rebecca Carlson, AHIP, Kelsey Grabeel, AHIP, and Jessica Sender, AHIP
- Lightning talks: Charlotte Beyer, AHIP, Margaret Hoogland, AHIP, and Gregg Stevens, AHIP
- Immersion sessions: National Program Committee Contributed Content Working Group
- September 15: Online submission site for papers and immersion sessions (formerly, special content sessions) opens
- November 5, 6:00 p.m., central time: Deadline for paper and immersion session submissions
- December 16: MLA sends notifications of acceptance for paper and immersion session submissions
- January 2021: Submit abstracts for posters and lightning talks
- February TBD: Deadline for poster and lightning talk submissions
- March TBD: MLA sends notifications of acceptance for posters and lightning talks