The Research Training Institute is made possible in part by a grant from the
MLA gratefully recognizes the following partners for their generous support:
Research and Evidence-Based Practice Curriculum Committee
Established May 2017, effective June 1, 2017.
The Research and Evidence-Based Practice Curriculum Committee shall, in collaboration with the Education Steering Committee, other Curriculum committees, and the Director of Education:
- design and plan curriculum and educational offerings and resources;
- provide direction, expertise, and knowledge to creators and instructors of educational offerings with respect to content and instructional design;
- review and assess offerings to ensure they are high quality and current, meet learning outcomes, and have a succession plan;
in the area of research and evidence-based practice.
The Research and Evidence-Based Practice Curriculum Committee shall also:
- provide an annual or multi-year proposal to be approved by the Education Steering Committee for educational offering development that contributes to the MLA’s overall curriculum plan;
- maintain an operations manual that accurately reflects its work.
The Research and Evidence-Based Practice Curriculum Committee consists of 6 to 13 members who are appointed because of their topical, educational, and/or instructional design expertise in the assigned curriculum area:
- 6 to 12 members at-large who serve for staggered three-year terms, including individuals from MLA Sections and SIGs with a related focus;
- one chair selected from one of the outgoing members who serves a fourth year; alternatively, one of the members at-large can be the chair.
Transition: individuals joining the Research and Evidence-Based Practice Curriculum Committee with a shortened term because of the staggered configuration (one or two years), shall be eligible for a second consecutive term upon completion of their initial term.
Members Currently Serving