MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Health Information Professionalism Curriculum Committee, chair, 2018–2020
- Rising Stars Leadership Program, mentor, 2019–2020
- Rising Stars Leadership Program, director, 2015–2017, codirector, 2017–2018
- Rising Stars Committee, member 2013–2015, chair, 2015–2016
- Rising Stars Review Committee (selection of cohort), member, 2012
- Emerging Leaders Task Force, member, 2009–2013
- Mark Hodges International Service Award Jury, member 2007–2008, chair, 2008–2009
- Frank Bradway Rogers Information Advancement Award Jury, member 2000–2001, chair, 2001–2002
- Majors Chapter Project of the Year Award Jury, member 1997–1998, chair 1998–1999
- Ida and George Eliot Prize Jury, member, 1994–1995, chair, 1995–1996
- MLA Doctoral Fellowship Jury, member 1991–1992, chair, 1992–1993
- Cunningham International Memorial Fellowship Jury, member, 1989–1990, chair, 1990–1991
- Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter (UNYOC): Executive Board, member, 1979–1983, 1995–; archivist, 1997–; Ad Hoc Committee for Review and Redesign of the Website, member, 2018; chair, 1982–1983, 2004–2005, chair–elect, 1981–1982, 2003–2004, past–chair, 1983–1984, 2005–2006; 50th Anniversary Celebrations, cochair, 2013–2014; Nominating Committee, member, 2006, 2008, and 2010; Scholarship Committee, member, 2013; treasurer, 1979–1980, 2005–2011; Annual Meeting Planning Committee, chair 1976, member 1981, 2005–2006, and 2009–2015; Awards Committee, member, 2005, 2007, and 2008
Honors and Awards
- Virginia L. and William K. Beatty Volunteer Service Award, 2019
- Fellow, 2019
- Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter (UNYOC), Fellow, 2008
- MLA Chapter Project of the Year, UNYOC, 2007
- UNYOC Katy Nesbit Service Award, 2006
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member, 1999–
- Western New York Library Resources Council, Project of the Year, 2014
- State University of New York Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Librarianship, 2006
- Library Consortium of Health Institutions in Buffalo, Contributor of the Year, 1994–1995
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries: Future Leadership Committee, member, 2016–; Assessment and Statistics Review Task Force, member, 2015
Publications (5 representative)
- Ohtake PJ, Lyons AG, Glogowski M, Stellrecht E, Aronoff N, Grabowski J, Zafron ML. Using an interprofessional flipped classroom educational strategy for developing evidence-based practice knowledge and skills. J Interprof Educ Pract. 2018 Jun;11:7–11.
- Aronoff N, Stellrecht E, Lyons AG, Zafron ML, Glogowski M, Grabowski J, Ohtake PJ. Teaching evidence-based practice principles to prepare health professions students for an interprofessional learning experience. J Med Libr Assoc. 2017 Oct;105(4):376–84. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5195/jmla.2017.179. PMID: 28983201.
- Linden GJ, Lyons AG, Scannapieco FA. Periodontal systemic associations: review of the evidence. J Clin Periodontol. 2013 Apr;40(suppl 14):S8–19. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jcpe.12064. PMID: 23627336.
- Glogowski M, Lyons AG, coprincipal investigators. Information resources for evidence-based interprofessional health care decisions: developing, testing and evaluating library-based innovative technology enhanced team instruction methods. State University of New York Innovative Instruction Technology Grant (IITG), $20,000, 2014.
- Byrd GD, principal investigator, Lyons AG, project director. Integrated Advanced Information Management Systems (IAIMS). University at Buffalo, National Library of Medicine phase I grant, G08 LM06763-01, $138,024, 1999.
- Associate Librarian and Liaison to the School of Nursing, Health Sciences Services Team, Abbott Library, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 2017–
- Associate Librarian and Interim Director, Health Sciences Library, University at Buffalo, 2014–2017
- Associate Director and Associate Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University at Buffalo, 1992–2014
- Assistant Director and Associate Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University at Buffalo, 1979–1992
- Senior Assistant Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University at Buffalo, 1978
- Assistant Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University at Buffalo, 1974–1978
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Medical Library Association. 2019 MLA Fellows. MLAConnect [Internet]. 23 May 2019 [cited 1 Jul 2019]. <https://www.mlanet.org/blog/2019-mla-fellows>.
- Carlson R, ed. IPE member spotlight: Amy Lyons [Internet]. Interprofessional Education (IPE) SIG; 2018 [cited 18 Dec 2018]. <https://www.mlanet.org/p/fo/st/topic=253&post=33631#p33631>. (member login required.)
- EMBA, management, University at Buffalo, 2002
- MLS, information and library studies, University at Buffalo, 1974
- BA, art history, University at Buffalo, 1973