The Medical Library Association (MLA) and Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) have responded to the Request for Comments from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The associations' comments support the Draft NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing and Supplemental Guidance, and make several recommendations that could help strengthen implementation and compliance of the plan.
MLA expresses grateful appreciation to the following working group members who developed these comments:
- Marisa Conte, Member, MLA Governmental Relations Committee, Data Caucus, Translational Sciences Collaboration Caucus, and Medical Informatics Caucus
- Rolando Garcia-Milian, Member, MLA Scholarly Communications Committee
- Jessica Koos, Member, MLA Scholarly Communications Committee, Data Caucus, Research Caucus, Clinical Librarians and Evidence-based Healthcare Caucus
- Terrie Wheeler, Interim chair, MLA Information Management Domain Hub and AAHSL member, Research Caucus, Translational Sciences Collaboration Caucus
- Shirley Zhao, Chair, MLA Scholarly Communications Committee, Medical Informatics Caucus, Research Caucus