MLA is pleased to announce the Research Training Institute (RTI) faculty members for the 2020 RTI at the University of Illinois–Chicago, beginning July 2020.
- Katherine Akers is a biomedical research and data specialist at the Shiffman Medical Library, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
- Lorie Kloda, AHIP, is the associate university librarian at Concordia University in Montreal.
- Mark MacEachern is an informationist at the Taubman Health Sciences Library, University of Michigan (UM)–Ann Arbor.
- Jodi Philbrick, AHIP, is a senior lecturer at the College of Information, Department of Information Science, University of North Texas (UNT)–Denton.
- Emily Vardell is assistant professor in the School of Library and Information Management at Emporia State University, Emporia, KS.
Please welcome Katherine Akers who will be joining the RTI faculty for the 2020 institute, replacing Sally Gore who will finish her RTI faculty role with the 2019 RTI graduates at MLA ’20 in Portland.
These RTI faculty will be instrumental in sustaining and enhancing the high-quality RTI learning model that educates health sciences librarians to become knowledgeable and confident in conducting research that contributes to library and health improvements. We are deeply grateful to them for providing their expertise, time, and enthusiasm to make the RTI a huge success.
Read more about each of our talented RTI faculty members on the 2020 Faculty page.