MLA ’19 was my very first medical library conference. I started my position in September, so I was excited for the opportunity to meet and discuss the position with my colleagues.
- Upon registration, I received a new member ribbon for my conference badge.
- I signed up for the Mentor/Mentee program and meet my mentor for lunch. This was a great way to get to know my mentor, feel comfortable asking questions related to my position, and enjoy Chicago’s famous deep dish pizza!
- I was fortunate to attend the New Member breakfast on Sunday. Heather Healy and Emily Glen began the session with the reminder “Everyone is a first time member at one point.”
- Co-Convenor Nisha Mody gave us tips to navigate the conference. This was extremely helpful and really helped me experience the conference to the best of my ability.
- The breakfast also included 3 minute mixers where we were able to mingle with other new members and learn about each other’s roles as medical librarians.