It’s always great to see familiar faces and check out the booths of star annual meeting supporters like EBSCO, McGraw-Hill, Wolters Kluwer, JAMA, NEJM, and Elsevier, but it’s also nice to learn about unfamiliar resources. I checked out these first-time exhibitors:
- 3D4Medical: multi-platform (Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android) anatomical learning tool. Touchscreen features and can run offline so it won’t eat up data plans.
- Anatomage Table: a giant touchscreen on a table with vivid images of human anatomy. Users can zoom in and out, focus on specific organs or systems, etc.
- Chetu: custom software for library automation services. App development, acquisitions and inventory management, library management systems, etc.
- Health Care Compliance Association: nonprofit association for health care compliance professionals. Many publications, including books, subscription newsletters, and a free weekly newsletter.
- Journal of Nursing Regulation: official journal of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, this title is aimed at administrators and others involved in nursing regulation.
- PMPH USA: publisher of medical textbooks, including a number of Doody’s recommended standard titles. While you may already purchase their titles through distributors, they’re also available direct from the publisher.
- Reed Tech Navigator: a resource for information on medical devices, including quality and safety data, regulatory information, etc. Likely helpful for clinicians or researchers working with medical devices.
- Shophity: online bookseller with medical, technical, and scientific books. Offers discounts and free shipping.