As always, MLA ’19 offered plenty of opportunities to hang out with old friends, meet new ones, and see how much medical librarians rock. (Spoiler: quite a bit.)
- I wasn’t here for the Thursday and Friday Dine Arounds but have always loved this idea as a way to have a nice evening and meet some people.
- Saturday’s Welcome Reception and Opening of the Hall of Exhibits was, of course, THE major social event of the season. I was excited to catch up with so many MLA friends I only see once a year!
- I didn’t make it to Elsevier’s Clinical Key boat cruise on Saturday night, but reports say it offered a lovely view of Chicago from the water. It must have been a great setting for an evening of dining and conversation.
- Though it doesn’t apply to me, I hope folks who’ve come an especially long way to be here enjoyed the International Visitors Reception on Sunday.
- Schmoozing with Science on Sunday was a great chance to chat with Science reps in a nice, calm atmosphere. I enjoyed some good conversation over snacks and a drink, and admired the sangria recipe cards.
- Also on Sunday, Wolters Kluwer raised the energy level with copious food and drink, cheerfully tacky accessories, and a live band playing classic and new hits from Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive” to Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off.”
- I always enjoy Library School Reunion, but couldn’t make it this year due to the unfortunate timing of a plane trip. I hope you went for me!