Shopping on and just off the Magnificent Mile in Chicago is for everyone at every price point. Some of the best shopping in the world is just a few blocks away from the meeting center. No matter what body shape, foot size, or preference for style you have, both new threads and used threads can be found, and fit nicely in your suitcase.
The best method to approach shopping is to determine how much time you have to shop. You can do some of your best work under an hour, if you plan and mark out your destination.
- The Shops at North Bridge are about a 10-minute walk from the meeting hotel. I am a fan-favorite of the Swatch store.
- If you catch a bus, ride-share, or walk about 20 minutes, you will run into 900 North Michigan Shops (at the top of the Mag Mile). Luxury Garage Sale is a consignment store for used designer clothing.
- To the west of 900 North is Oak Street for primo shopping and luxury brands.
- Bring an extra tote, as the city now charges for plastic bags.
- To avoid paying city taxes, have your items shipped home.
- Some stores offer discount coupons to tourists, free shipping (like Macy’s), and a coat and bag check while you shop.
Other popular shopping destinations near the meeting center include Apple Michigan Avenue, American Girl, Eataly, Hanig’s Footwear, Jazz Record Store, That’s Our Bag, and TJ Maxx.