The InSight Initiative Task Force is pleased to announce that applications are now being sought for the third InSight Initiative Summit, “Bridge Building: What Bridges to Build and How,” to be held June 12–13, 2019.
Bridge Building: What Bridges to Build and How
The summit will provide a forum where librarians, publishers, and aggregators collaborate and brainstorm concrete measures to address frustration, challenges, and opportunities in providing services to the full range of health sciences library users. The summit format is built around panel discussions—one each for information providers, librarians, and users—followed by focused small-group activities aimed at discovering actionable approaches to more effective deployment of information resources.
Consider applying as a librarian participant if:
- You have professional knowledge, expertise, and interest in the summit theme;
- You will commit to:
- attendance at the summit;
- between three and five hours of preparatory work (pre-summit);
- active participation and contribution to the work of the summit; and
- up to ten hours of follow-up work (post-summit activities and products).
The summit brings together MLA leaders and select participating organizations to engage in high-level, high-value dialogue on issues of common interest that impact the health information profession. For more information about this initiative, including objectives, outcomes, guidelines, and task force members, please consult the InSight Initiative home page.