Did you get to the Hall of Exhibits before it closed Monday evening at 5 pm? Hopefully, you had the opportunity to visit the new first time exhibitors and thank them for coming.
Some highlights include:
- AMA's new Open Access journal (JAMA Network Open) was launched the day before the MLA exhibits opened--what a nice coincidence.
- Annual Reviews has three new journals this year.
- Hmmmm, it will be interesting to see the uptake of MDPhD ("Evidence Based Medicine at the Bedside") among our users.
- American Psychiatric Publishing has digitized its newly acquired psychotherapy journal back to vol. 1.
- The new edition of the print Merck Manual is larger in size than the veterinary manual, and the number of languages in translation are growing (of course, there's a free version online).
- And so much more...
Thanks to all of the 2018 exhibitors, publishers, and vendors-- for the breaks, receptions, swag, and conference support. But, more importantly, thanks for the updates! Too bad we didn't have another conference day to stroll through the exhibit hall, but understandable.
See you next year, if not before then-- we're always on the lookout for what's new in the scholarly publishing ecosystem, among library services, digitization equipment, etc.