The Medical Library Association has submitted comments to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) that support its Strategic Plan for Data Science. The comments, developed by members of MLA's Scholarly Communications Committee and Data Special Interest Group, addressed
- Synchronous goals established by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) in its Strategic Plan, "A Platform for Biomedical Discovery and Data-powered Health"
- MLA's commitment to partnering with NIH to help further and achieve its data science goals
- The importance of partnering with institutions to engage librarians and information specialists in efforts that support training and infrastructure needs for data science
- The key role that information specialists have in helping practitioners and the public interpret and evaluate the data they produce and utilize
- MLA's recommendation for development of a data science specialization for health sciences librarians in partnership with NLM
MLA thanks Ariel Deardorff and Erin Foster, Data SIG Co-convenors, and Shirley Zhao, Scholarly Communications Committee Chair-designate for authoring these comments.
Go here for: