Networking is a major benefit of attending conferences. The goal is to create meaningful connections and relationships with your fellow attendees. All it takes is the willingness to introduce yourself, to share your ideas, and to ask people questions about themselves.
Here’s some advice to help you make those connections at MLA ‘18:
- Remember everyone is there for the same reason, to learn and to connect!
- Position yourself well during sessions. Sit next to somebody during everything by finding and filling empty seats.
- Don’t just look down at your email in between session, look around and say, ‘Hi.’
- But if you need to feed your tech addiction, share your thoughts on Twitter using the official MLA ‘18 hashtag, #mlanet18. It is one more way to start a conversation.
- Look up new acquaintances in the online program. You can check out what they are presenting or contributing to at the conference and gather information to follow-up post-conference.
Take advantage of the approximately 1,300 dedicated and focused health information professionals who attend MLA's annual meeting by attending some networking events. Hope to see you all in Atlanta!