MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Educational Policy Task Force, chair, 2015–2016
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, mentor, 1994–2016
- Credentialing Committee, member, 2012–2015
- Fellows and Honorary Members Jury, member, 2010–2011
- Board of Directors, member, 2007–2010
- Chapter Council, chair, 2007–2010; chair-elect, 2006–2007, vice-chair, 2005–2006
- Majors/MLA Chapter Project of the Year Award Jury, member, 2005–2006
- 2000 National Program Committee, member, 1998–2000
- Ida and George Elliot Prize Jury, member, 1995–1997, chair, 1996–1997
- Leadership and Management Section: member, 2005–2016; MLA ’15 session moderator, 2015, Section Program reviewer, 2015; Award Committee, member, 2015; Award Task Force, member, 2014; MLA ’14 Section Program reviewer; Nominating Committee, member, 2013; Chapter Council representative, 2003–2006; Chapter Council alternate, 1999–2003; Elections Committee, member, 2003, 1999–2000
- Joint Program Committee on Mentoring, member, 2001–2003; MLA Credentialing Committee, liaison, 2000–2002
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter: Quad Chapter meeting, Baltimore, MD, Registration Committee, cochair, 2012; Nominations Committee, member, 2009; Chapter meeting, Baltimore, MD, Registration Committee, cochair, 2007; Executive Board, member, 1999–2006; Program Committee, member, 2004; 2001 Chapter meeting, Ocean City, MD, Registration Committee, cochair; Academy of Health Information Professionals, counselor, 1993–2016 (ex-officio since 1996); Strategic Planning Committee, member, 1999–2000; Chapter Academy of Health Information Professionals Counseling (Mentoring) Service, coordinator, 1995–1999; Publications Committee, member, 1997–1999; secretary, 1996–1997; 1996 Chapter Meeting, Columbia, MD, Audiovisuals Committee, chair; Professional Development Committee, member, 1993–1996; Program Committee, member, 1993; 1992 Chapter meeting, Towson, MD, Audiovisuals Committee, chair; Nominations Committee, member, 1992
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2017
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter of MLA (MAC): MAC Librarian of the Year Award, 2006; Marguerite Abel Service Award, 2003
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member, 1993–present
- Health Sciences & Human Services Library, University of Maryland–Baltimore, Staff Recognition Award, 2001
- Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Fellowship (Title IIB), 1974–1975
- New Jersey Library Association, Scholarship, 1974
- New York State Board of Regents, Nursing Scholarship, 1968
- New York State Board of Regents, Scholarship, 1968
Publications (5 representative)
- Raimondo PG, Harris RH, Nance M, Brown ED. Health literacy and consent forms: librarians support research on human subjects. J Med Libr Assoc. 2014 Jan;102(1):5–8. [cited 17 Oct 2017]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.102.1.003.
- Raimondo P. How people interact with information. In: Trust it or trash it: creating and assessing genetic health information. Monograph series #5. Washington, DC: Genetic Alliance, 2009. p. 24. [cited 17 Oct 2012). <http://www.geneticalliance.org/sites/default/files/publicationsarchive/atcg_monograph.pdf>.
- Raimondo PG, Tatro A, Mayo A. Health information outreach to underserved populations in Baltimore, Maryland. In: Courtney N, ed. Academic library outreach: beyond the campus walls. Westport, CT: Libraries Unlimited, 2008: 203–12
- Raimondo P. The role of a non-scientist on the institutional review board: a personal perspective. Human Research Protections Office Newsletter. 2008;1(1):1–2.
- Raimondo P. Health literacy: selected readings. Genetic Alliance Resource Repository; November 2006.
- Head of Research, Education and Outreach Services, and Librarian IV, Health Sciences & Human Services Library, University of Maryland–Baltimore, 2006–2016
- Course Master and Co-Instructor, MHS 600, Introduction to Library Resources and Scholarly Writing, required course in the master’s health sciences graduate program, University of Maryland–Baltimore, 2014–2016
- Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Maryland University College–Adelphi, 2004–present
- Co-Instructor, LBSC 762 Information Access in the Health Sciences, University of Maryland, College of Library and Information Sciences (CLIS) graduate school, 2010
- Information Specialist and Librarian II, Health Sciences & Human Services Library, University of Maryland–Baltimore, 2000–2005
- Manager of Library Services, Center for Indoor Air Research, Linthicum, MD, 1990–1999
- Information Specialist, Health Sciences Library, University of Maryland–Baltimore, 1980–1990
- Health Sciences Librarian, Helene Fuld Medical Center, Trenton, NJ, 1977–1980
- Librarian, New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Newark, NY, 1975–1977
MLA published statements about the fellow
- MLA honors excellence in health sciences librarianship. MLA Fellowship, Paula Raimondo. MLA News. 2017 Jun 30 [cited 12 Oct 2017].
- MLS, Graduate School of Library Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, 1975
- BA, English literature, Livingston College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, 1974