MLA awards are designed to recognize and celebrate the outstanding contributions and dedication of health sciences information professionals who have significantly impacted the field of medical librarianship. We invite you to participate in this important recognition process by nominating deserving individuals who have influenced the profession. Join us in celebrating excellence by submitting your nominations by October 15, 2023.
- Emerging Medical Librarian: Recognizing those early-career professionals who have already shown exceptional promise, dedication, and potential in medical librarianship.
- Outstanding Health Sciences Information Professionals: These awards honor librarians who have consistently demonstrated excellence in their work, innovation in service, and a commitment to advancing healthcare information access and management.
- Virginia L. and William K. Beatty Volunteer Service Award
- Estelle Brodman Award for the Academic Health Sciences Librarian of the Year
- Lois Ann Colaianni Award for Excellence and Achievement in Hospital Librarianship
- Consumer Health Librarian of the Year Award
- Louise Darling Award for Distinguished Achievement in Collection Development in the Health Sciences
- Ida and George Eliot Prize
- Carla J. Funk Governmental Relations Award
- Lucretia W. McClure Excellence in Education Award
- Erich Meyerhoff Prize
- Daniel T. Richards Prize
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to proven leaders with a distinguished career whose contributions have left an indelible mark on the profession.
- Organizational Excellence: These awards acknowledge distinction or leadership to advance health information.
- International Focus: Recognizes exceptional efforts in enhancing global health information quality.
- Chapter and Caucus: Recognizes excellence for a special project or innovative programming that contributes to the profession.
- Lectureship: awarded to individuals for their unique perspectives on the history or philosophy of medical librarianship.
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2023
How to Nominate: Submit all nomination materials using the online submission form linked on each award page, see MLANET. For most awards, MLA membership is required, and self-nominations are accepted.
Selection Process: A jury of MLA members will carefully evaluate all nominations. Winners will be announced in March 2024 and honored during the Virtual Awards Ceremony in April 2024.
Thank you for your participation in recognizing the outstanding contributions of medical librarians. We look forward to receiving your nominations.