The MLA ’24 abstract submission site is now open! MLA ’24 is the perfect platform to create engaging conference sessions and share your innovative ideas and knowledge with your colleagues. MLA’s Contributed Content Working Group (CCWG) seeks session abstracts that will educate and inspire medical librarians and information professionals.
There are two submission rounds for MLA ’24:
- Round 1: Contributed Papers and Immersion Sessions (now open)
- Round 2: Lightning Talks and Posters
The Call for Proposals: Round 1 contributed papers and immersion sessions abstract submissions are due by October 26, 2023, at 10:59 p.m., central time / 11:59 p.m., eastern time.
What's an Immersion Session?
Simply put, a 75-min (max) session that takes a deep dive into your expertise.
Immersion sessions are meant to provide an in-depth perspective on areas of interest to MLA members. Caucus and other MLA groups are invited to submit immersion session proposals that will educate and inspire medical librarians and information professionals. They are your chance to design and offer the programming that you want to see.
We highly recommend you get ahead on planning! Immersion sessions can vary in format:
- Panel of invited speakers
- Single invited speaker
- Facilitated book discussion
- Hands-on workshop
- Something less conventional, like an “unconference” or flipped session
Consider expanding on your topic to include audiences beyond your group. Submissions can come from one group, or groups can collaborate with each other to submit a proposal on a topic of interest to all.
What's New for MLA '24: How to Submit Your Abstract
All you need to get started on the submission process is your name and email. Your details and progress will be saved, and you will automatically be opted-in to receive reminders about your abstract submission.
MLA also provides several resources to help with your proposal submission:
- MLA ’24 Submission Tips for submitting a strong proposal
- Immersion Session Rubric (criteria)
- Find additional information about MLA ’24 Proposals
But Wait, There's More! Presenter Discount
MLA member presenters who will be attending MLA ’24 in person in Portland may be eligible for a $75 in-person registration discount. Discounts are available as follows:
- Up to 4 presenters per in-person Immersion Session will receive a discount code upon acceptance.
- Presenter discount is not available in combination with existing registration discounts such as an institutional bulk registration or student registration, or for one-day in-person registrations.
Don’t forget, the Call for Proposals: Round 1 contributed papers and immersion sessions abstract submissions are due by October 26, 2023, at 10:59 p.m., central time / 11:59 p.m., eastern time.
Questions? Contact the MLA Contributed Content Working Group.