By: Heather Jett, AHIP, Chair, MLA Books Panel
As part of our mission to foster excellence among health sciences library and information professionals, MLA co-publishes full-length books on a wide variety of topics of interest to health information professionals. Books are published in cooperation with Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group.
The following titles (published in 2023 and 2022) attest to the broad scope of topics covered in MLA books:
- Building Health Sciences Library Collections: A Handbook
- Essential Leadership Skills for Health Sciences Information Professionals
- Accreditation in the Health Sciences: A Handbook for Librarians
- Piecing Together Systematic Reviews and Other Evidence Syntheses
- Finding Your Seat at the Table: Roles for Librarians on Institutional Regulatory Boards and Committees
- Virtual Services in the Health Sciences Library: A Handbook
- Combatting Online Health Misinformation: A Professional's Guide to Helping the Public
The MLA Books Panel is always looking for authors and editors for new publications. Have you authored an MLA book previously? Have you considered authoring or editing a book but have trepidation over what it might involve? We need your feedback!
Please answer this 4-minute survey by August 17, 2023 to help us plan for the future!