Packing for an annual conference can be complicated. Download and follow this list of items to pack for MLA | SLA '23 and you will be set! Don't forget to also check out Tips for First-Time Attendees.
- Chargers for all devices: earbuds, iPad or tablet, laptop, and phone
- Meeting Planner (include appointments for meals and drinks)
- Umbrella (even though the weather forecast shows no rain)
- Business cards: lots of opportunities for giveaways
- Sweater or jacket for the heavily air-conditioned Convention Center rooms
- Notebook to take extra notes during meetings and program events
- Comfortable walking shoes to get from the hotel to the Convention Center or anywhere else in Detroit
- Extra canvas tote to bring home the vendor giveaways and souvenirs for staff and family
- Photos of your loved ones to share
- Handicrafts for during meetings: knitting, needlework, etc.
- Cash for the splurge purchase or when sharing a meal or tipping
- Room on your credit card for essentials and extras
- Phone numbers or email addresses of folks back home
- Extra dose or two of prescription medicine
- Glasses: reading glasses, sunglasses, or extra contact lenses
- Your special tea bags or salad dressing
- Snacks: granola bars, rice cakes, or chocolate
- Jeans and other comfortable clothes after a long day at meetings
For all of your MLA | SLA '23 needs, visit the blog for the annual conference on MLANET.