RTI Application Deadline Extended to March 14
It's not too late to apply for the 2023-24 Research Training Institute (RTI) Fellowship Program! The deadline has been extended to March 14 at 11:59 p.m., central time, so you can jump-start your career and research expertise. The RTI Fellowship Program is a virtual continuing education program that provides advanced research methods training and hands-on application.
Why Should I Apply?
RTI Assessment Findings have found the Fellowship Program is highly effective in increasing the level of research knowledge, confidence, and productivity of participants, while addressing key MLA core values.
Non-members are also encouraged to apply! Share the news with your colleagues who may be interested in developing their research skills.
RTI also offers numerous scholarship opportunities to MLA members help cover the cost of the program. Nonmembers are encouraged to explore membership options to gain access to scholarships and other member benefits.
Your RTI research project has potential to be published in the Journal of the Medical Library Association (JMLA) and featured in MLAConnect. The latest RTI Research Spotlight features a case study focusing on developing an evaluation rubric for point-of-care (PoCT) for nursing by Annie Nickum, MLIS, AHIP, 2020 RTI Fellow.
Here’s what other RTI Fellows have said about their experience:
- “RTI helped me gain confidence that I could undertake and lead research projects. It will help me build a record of scholarly publication as a first author.”
- “Participating in the RTI has been like getting a mini-PhD.”
- “Excellent instructors, curriculum content, and course readings”
- “RTI has helped me approach my research ideas from a place of empowerment instead of apprehension.”
- “I now feel confident in my ability to forge forth with a project I’m passionate about.”
- “One of the most productive and professional fulfilling milestones of my career.”
Be sure to follow @RTIatMLA on Twitter for additional updates. If you have any questions abou RTI or the application process, please contact Susan Lessick, RTI Program Director.