The Medical Library Association Books Panel is seeking author(s) and/or editor(s) for a book related to grant writing. The intended audience for this book is any librarian or information professional who is interested in seeking grant funding for their library. Some of the content in this book will be particularly relevant for health sciences librarians who either support academic grant writers or who are grant-seeking themselves.
Possible chapter topics and supplemental material include:
- Demonstrating the need: researching and writing the needs assessment
- Local and national sources for library funding
- Finding potential project partners
- Tips and tricks for writing a strong proposal
- Writing a data management plan
- Creating a compelling budget
- Grant management
- Grants and the public library
- Grants for special libraries
- Grants on a shoestring
- Supporting academic researchers in grant writing
- Case studies from successful grant writing and grant holding librarians
- Checklists to walk you through grant application and management
Please consider the list above as a jumping-off point rather than a prescriptive list.
You may write the book by yourself, or edit the book and seek contributions from other librarians or information professionals. We describe the submission process at Publish a Book with MLA. To begin the process, submit your completed Step One form to Jamie Birkner at MLA (email@example.com). If the Step One is approved by the MLA Books Panel and copublisher, you will be asked to submit a Step Two. If you have questions about serving as the editor or the author of the entire volume, please contact Jamie Birkner. We cannot consider contributions of individual chapters at this time.
Do you have an idea for a book on a topic other than grant writing? The Books Panel welcomes proposals on any topic likely to be of interest to health sciences librarians; simply fill in the Step One form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on the publication process is available at Publish a Book with MLA.