There are only 44 days left before MLA'22 starts. Compared to the past annual meetings, MLA'22 has several unique features that you should be aware of:
- Hybrid Conference – MLA ‘22 is the first hybrid conference in the entire history of the Medical Library Association, taking place both virtually and in person. In 2020 and 2021, MLA held virtual conferences (vConferences) due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Before that, one hundred seventeen annual meetings took place in person in various locations of North America.
- "Reconnect, Renew, Reflect" – The theme of MLA'22 is "Reconnect, Renew, Reflect." At MLA'22, we will be able to reconnect with each other in person for the first time in three years, renew our energy, ideas, and hopes, and reflect on lessons and experience learned in one of the most challenging times.
- New Collection Development and Resource Sharing Symposium – In responding to our past MLA annual conference attendees' feedback, MLA'22 launched a brand-new program on collection development and resource sharing entitled "The Big Not-So-Easy: A Symposium on 21st Century Health Sciences Collection Development & Resource Sharing." This program will be offered to in-person attendees only and is included in registration. For more information, please visit MLA '22 Collection Development & Resource Sharing Symposium.
- Virtual “Association Life” Activities – MLA is moving the usual “Association life” activities that usually happen during the meeting – the domain hub and caucus meetings, the MLA Annual Business Meeting, the awards ceremony. These will be held virtually to make them more accessible to all members.
- New Orleans – In-person attendees will experience and enjoy the beautiful, historical, and musical city of New Orleans, where MLA will hold its annual meeting for the fifth time. MLA'22 also happens to take place during the same time when the famous New Orleans Jazz Fest is held.
There are many more, just naming a few here. If you haven't registered for MLA'22 in New Orleans, we encourage you to do so, as early bird registration will end March 31.
If you are unable to attend in person, you can still register to join the meeting virtually. Many contributed content sessions and vendor exhibits are available online. The plenaries are live-streamed as well.
We look forwarded to seeing you either in person or virtually. Register today!