During the 28 days of February, MLA’s communities hosted more than 40 different events, inviting members and potential future members to fully Experience MLA. Ranging from workshops and education sessions to panel discussions, presentations, and a drag queen story hour, the activities underscored the exciting diversity of the health information profession and gave us a chance to make new connections.
The MLA Board of Directors and headquarters staff extend a heartfelt thanks to all the caucus, domain hub, and committee members who planned and presented these high-quality and thoughtful events. More than 200 nonmembers signed up for Experience MLA, and the different events attracted over 1,200 total registrations. On a personal note, I enjoyed seeing many new names at the survey workshop I presented in collaboration with the Research Caucus. If your schedules did not permit participating in real time, MLA members are able to enjoy the slides or recordings posted on the Experience MLA website.
Most importantly, Experience MLA gave us the chance to showcase and celebrate what MLA is truly about—our communities. Thank you for planning amazing events and for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm for the profession with members and potential future members alike, and thank you to Tomi Gunn at MLA headquarters for her coordination efforts.
Below are the caucuses, committees, and domain hubs that made Experience MLA such a success. We also want to acknowledge that there are many more individuals whose hard work contributed to this year’s meaningful MLA experiences. Thank you all!
- Academic Librarians Caucus, Chair Alexandria Wilson, AHIP
- Accessibility and Disability Caucus, Chair JJ Pionke
- African American Medical Librarians Alliance Caucus, Chair Carl Leak
- Animal & Veterinary Information Specialist Caucus, Chair Suzanne Fricke, AHIP
- Basic Science Caucus, Chair Stacey Wahl, AHIP
- Clinical Librarians & Evidence-Based Healthcare Caucus, Chair Lindsay Blake, AHIP
- Dental Caucus, Chair Erica Brody
- Health Association & Corporate Librarians Caucus, Chair Kearin Reid, AHIP
- Health Humanities Caucus, Chair Sola Whitehead
- History of the Health Sciences Caucus, Chair Misti Renea Thornton
- Hospital Library Caucus, Chair Ellen Aaronson
- Information Services Domain Hub, Chair Tamara Nelson, AHIP; Panelists Lindsay Blake, AHIP, Shalu Gillum, AHIP, Elizabeth Laera, AHIP, Jamia Williams
- Interprofessional Education & Practice Caucus, Chair C. Erik Wilkinson
- Leadership & Management Caucus, Chair Anu Moorthy, AHIP
- Leadership & Management Curriculum Committee, Tamara Nelson, AHIP
- LGBTQIA+ Caucus, Chair Hannah Schilperoort
- Libraries in Health Sciences Curriculums, Chair Laura Zeigen, AHIP
- Medical Library Education Caucus, Chair Emily Vardell, AHIP
- Pediatric Librarians Caucus, Chair Emily Brennan
- Professional Recruitment & Retention Committee, Chair Sheila Green, AHIP; Panelists Ruby Nugent, Jacob White, Julia Stumpff
- Professionalism & Leadership Domain Hub, Chair Lisa Marks, AHIP
- Public Health/Health Administration Caucus, Chair Jean McClelland
- Public Services Caucus, Chair Shalu Gillum, AHIP
- Research Caucus, Chair Abby Adamczyk, AHIP
- Scholarly Communications Caucus, Chair Karen Gutzman
- Systematic Reviews Caucus, Chair Catherine Smith
- Technical Services Caucus, Chair Misti Kane
- Technology in Education Caucus, Chair Tara Brigham, AHIP