VisualDx is an award-winning diagnostic clinical decision support system designed to enhance diagnostic accuracy, aid therapeutic decisions, and improve patient safety. VisualDx believes that teaching with information technology should be used to bridge gaps of knowledge and enhance clinical reasoning skills.
Review of Key Features:
- Includes over 3,200 diagnostic summaries, over 45,000 images, over 3,900 searchable findings, and guided workup support
- Complements case-based learning and collaborative problem-solving
- Improves pattern-recognition skills
- Enhances medical school learning virtually, in the classroom, in the clinic, and on the wards
- Integrates into problem-based learning and GME-level programs
- Includes quiz feature
A Commitment to DEI
VisualDx has been committed to reducing bias in medical knowledge and improving diagnosis in patients of color for more than 20 years. They have curated an unmatched image library; 28% of which depicts darker skin types. They have also added a product feature to help diagnose patients with darker skin types.
VisualDx knows the importance of helping healthcare professionals with the challenges and subtleties of recognizing skin changes in patients with darker skin pigmentation. Equally important is the ability to engage with patients of color by showing them images that look like them. This can build confidence and trust—an essential part of practicing exemplary medicine.
Project IMPACT is a global community brought to you by VisualDx dedicated to reducing healthcare bias in skin of color. Health disparities continue to profoundly afflict people of color nationally and globally, and the statistics are staggering. Project IMPACT was created to help reduce those disparities and help bring health equity to all people.
Visualizing Clinical Decision-Making in Medical Education and Training
More than 100 medical programs around the world embrace VisualDx as an essential resource for medical education. Using VisualDx can arm students with the knowledge to better identify diseases accurately no matter their location, specialty, or level of experience. Through case-based education and differential building, students can see how unique patient factors can influence the differential diagnosis, assist the evaluation process, and guide appropriate therapeutics.
Resources for Educators and Students
VisualDx has created the following resources to assist in the classroom and in online education:
- Problem-Based Learning: Students learn by entering case findings in VisualDx, reviewing the differential diagnosis, and then discussing their logic.
- Case Vignettes for Teaching: Use case stories to teach problem-solving with VisualDx.
- LearnDerm: This self-study dermatology education resource consists of 5 interactive lessons to help build a solid foundation in essential terminology and improve pattern-recognition skills.
- LearnDerm Companion Presentation: Covers several topics including “Identifying skin lesions,” “Introduction to Morphologic Variation,” and “In-class exam.”
- Pop Quizzes: Presentations consisting of high-quality medical images and multiple-choice responses. Answers provided.
- Mobile Quiz: Available on all mobile platforms and featuring images from the vast VisualDx image collection, the quiz improves pattern recognition and assists in exam preparation.