The Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) are pleased to announce the members of the 2021/2022 class of the NLM/AAHSL Leadership Fellows Program. The jointly sponsored program matches fellows and mentors in a one-year leadership development program. Since the program began in 2002, over 52% of fellow graduates have assumed director positions.
The NLM/AAHSL Leadership Fellows Program prepares emerging leaders for director positions in academic health sciences libraries. The program provides a combination of in-person and virtual learning experiences for fellows and offers the opportunity to work collaboratively with the cohort of participants. Fellows are paired with mentors who are academic health sciences library directors. Mentors work closely with their fellows throughout the year and host their fellow’s visit to their library.
Information about the program is available here.
NLM/AAHSL Leadership Fellows Program—Fellows/Mentors Roster 2021/2022
- Erinn E. Aspinall, MSI, AHIP, director (interim), associate director, program development and strategy, Health Sciences Libraries, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
- Mentor: Mary E. Piorun, MBA, MSLS, PhD, AHIP, director of library services, director, NNLM Region 7, National Public Health Coordinating Office, and the National Center for Data Science, Lamar Soutter Library, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Saori Wendy Herman, MLIS, AHIP, head of education and access services, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell Health Sciences Library, Hempstead, NY
- Mentor: Gabriel R. Rios, MLIS, director, Ruth Lilly Medical Library, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Tony Nguyen, MLIS, executive director, NNLM Region 1, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Health Sciences and Human Services Library, Baltimore, MD
- Mentor: Sandra G. Franklin, MLS, AHIP, director, Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Roger G. Russell, MLS, associate director, East Carolina University Laupus Health Sciences Library, Greenville, NC
- Mentor: Nancy J. Allee, MLS, MPH, AHIP, director, Taubman Health Sciences Library & STEM, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
- Donghua Tao, MA, MS, PhD, assistant director for information services/professor, Saint Louis University Medical Center Library, St. Louis, MO
- Mentor: Anne K. Seymour, MS, director, Welch Medical Library, assistant professor, Health Informatics, Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, Baltimore, MD