Leverage unscripted streaming demonstration videos for teaching and learning psychotherapy techniques. Published by the American Psychological Association (APA) and available on EBSCOhost® and EBSCO Discovery Service™, APA PsycTherapy® covers authentic therapy sessions and is a dynamic tool for instructors, practitioners, and therapists-in-training, offering:
- more than 500 videos showing various treatment approaches
- proven methods showcasing common obstacles faced during therapy sessions
- helpful tools that allow users to create playlists and share video clips
- expertly tagged metadata for easy navigation to specific therapeutic techniques
- synchronized transcripts that allow users to search for precise moments in therapy
- access to The APA PsycTherapy Teaching Guide, which provides step-by-step exercises and suggested videos for the classroom and other training settings
APA PsycTherapy allows users to browse by:
- Therapist Name
- Therapy Topic
- Therapeutic Approach
- Video Title
In addition to covering a wide range of topics, sessions provided by APA PsycTherapy demonstrate more than 100 different therapeutic approaches, such as cognitive behavior therapy and emotion-focused therapy.
APA PsycTherapy was recently updated, and several enhancements were rolled out:
- Accessibility Features: The new version of APA PsycTherapy is built with accessibility as a central value in its design to ease use with screen readers, in addition to keyboard, visual, and cognitive accessibility features.
- Favorites: Users can now favorite videos, clips, therapists, or topics.
- Segments: Approximately 100 videos have been broken up into segments for digestible viewing.
- Supplemental Content: Search results now include topic and approach definitions, along with therapist biographies and headshots to provide additional context to students.
Updated features include simplified clip- and playlist-making tools, a new fully integrated video player, an enhanced user profile page, and more!
The APA PsycTherapy Teaching Guide
The APA PsycTherapy Teaching Guide is a practical resource for instructors seeking new ways to teach concepts in:
- Personality and psychotherapy research
The sessions are all tagged by APA experts, and the search function is synchronized with full transcripts, ensuring that users quickly find the videos most relevant to them. When users are viewing a session, the transcript rolls alongside it. Instructors can quickly locate a teachable moment using APA PsycTherapy’s searchable transcripts.
To set up a Free Trial of APA PsycTherapy on EBSCOhost or EBSCO Discovery Service, please contact your EBSCO representative or visit APA PsycTherapy.