The University of Connecticut Health Center (UCHC) is transferring the operations of the Electronic Funds Transfer System (EFTS) to MLA in a timeline agreed to by UCHC, EFTS, and DOCLINE, National Library of Medicine (NLM).
If you are not signed up with MLA and are a user of EFTS, your operations will be disrupted after June 30.
Updated key dates:
- June 15: MLA EFTS Go-Live 1: Users who signed up with MLA EFTS start their configuration on the new platform (previously, June 1)
- June 30: Last transaction day for ALL users of current EFTS; transactions need to be processed by July 9 on UCHC EFTS (previously, May 31)
- June 30: Last day for EFTS users who are not signed up with MLA EFTS to download their EFTS transaction history from DOCLINE (previously, May 31)
- July 1: DOCLINE resets all EFTS Participant Indicators to reflect participation in the MLA EFTS platform (previously, June 1)
- July 24: Last day for libraries to settle any negative balances on UCHC EFTS (previously, June 25)
- July 30: UCHC transfers library participant funds to MLA (for libraries who have requested it in the MLA User Agreement); MLA posts those amounts onto the MLA EFTS library accounts (previously, June 30)
- Aug 3: MLA EFTS Go-Live 2: Users who are signed up with MLA EFTS can upload interlibrary loan (ILL) transactions, which includes July transactions (previously, July 15)
Please consult the EFTS information page for the full timeline and other details.
Please consult the library listing page for:
- Libraries who have completed their MLA EFTS sign-up
- Libraries who have requested an MLA EFTS User Agreement, and have not yet completed it
- Libraries with ILL transactions (lending or borrowing) on UCHC EFTS since January 1, 2020, who have not requested an MLA EFTS User Agreement
For sign-ups and questions, please contact Jim Westwood at MLA.