The Medical Library Association (MLA) and Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) have responded to the National Library of Medicine's (NLM) Request for Comments that will guide NLM in planning infrastructure enhancements aimed at users of and submitters to ClinicalTrials.gov as part of a multi-year modernization initiative.
The associations' comments address and make recommendations on:
- Website functionality, including its application programming interface, and
- Initiatives, systems, and tools for supporting assessment of internal consistency and improving the accuracy and timeliness of information submitted through the ClinicalTrials.gov Protocol Registration and Results System.
MLA expresses grateful appreciation to the following MLA and AAHSL members who developed these comments:
- Marie Ascher, Lillian Hetrick Huber Endowed Director, Health Sciences Library, New York Medical College and MLA Board of Directors, Clinical Librarians and Evidence-based Healthcare Caucus, and Research Caucus
- Catherine Hogan Smith, AHIP, Professor/Senior Research Librarian, UAB Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences, University of Alabama, Clinical Librarians and Evidence-based Healthcare Caucus, Research Caucus, and Consumer and Patient Health Information Caucus
- Marisa Conte, AHIP, Assistant Director, Research and Informatics, Taubman Medical Library, University of Michigan, MLA Governmental Relations Committee, and Medical Informatics Caucus
Read the comments here.