Helen-Ann Brown Epstein, AHIP, FMLA, is one of the official meeting bloggers this year. She is getting a head-start by sharing her packing essentials after years of attending MLA meeting.
I am glad to be blogging again this year. Here is a list of packing essentials for your trip to MLA ’19.
- Yoga mat or big towel and comfortable clothes. Joanne Gard Marshall, AHIP, FMLA, returns to get our minds and bodies ready for MLA ’19 on Sunday at 7:30 a.m.
- Business cards to swap and drop in vendor giveaway bowls
- Latest photos of the family and significant others
- Umbrella and a light jacket; the weather forecast calls for cooler weather
- Walking shoes for Michigan Avenue or the lake front
- Sweater or jacket for the hotel air conditioning
- Notes and scripts for your presentations or your print poster
- Mailing label if you are shipping a box home full of vendor giveaways
- Flashlight to read when your roommate is sleeping
- Personal meeting planner
- Fitness center clothes
- Legal pad to jot down new pearls of wisdom and action items for when you get home
- Special snacks you cannot get at the Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Splurge money for contributions, your takeaway gift, and Macy’s (formerly, Marshall Fields) Frango mints for people back home
Looking forward to seeing you all at MLA ’19.