Honors and Awards
- Honorary Member, 1997
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL), founding member, 1987
- 8th International Congress of Medical Librarianship, London, UK, Steering Committee, chair, 2000
- Journal of Medical Biography, Editorial Board, member, 1993–2000
- Health Libraries Review, Editorial Board, member, 1984–1996
- Library Association (UK), Health Libraries and Rare Books Groups, member
Publications (5 representative)
- Stewart DWC. A London medical libraries consortium? [editorial]. Health Libr Rev. 1993 Mar;10(1):1–2.
- Stewart DWC. Clinical medicine. In: Morton LT, Godbolt S, eds. Information sources in the medical sciences. 4th ed. London, UK: Bowker-Saur; 1992.
- Read EM, revised by Stewart DWC. Clinical medicine. In: Morton LT, Godbolt S, eds. Information sources in the medical sciences, 3rd ed. Boston, MA: Butterworths; 1983. p. 290–320.
- Stewart DWC; Wright DJ, ed. Health information for all: a common goal: proceedings of the second European conference of medical libraries; Bologna, Italy; 2–6Nov 1988. Munich, Germany: K.G. Saur Verlag; 1989.
- Chief Librarian, Royal Society of Medicine, 1977–1995
- Deputy Librarian, Royal Society of Medicine, 1973–1977
- Library Assistant, Royal Society of Medicine, 1963–1973
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Godbolt S, Hodges TM, Morton L. David W. C. Stewart, 1941–2000 [obituary]. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 2001 Jan;89(1):95–6. [cited 26 May 2020].
- BA, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, 1963
- Chartered Librarian, Library Association (UK), 1971
Contributed by Jean P. Shipman