You are here
Also see Wilma Troxel's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President, 1954–1957
- Subcommittee on Internship, Member, 1948–1953; Chair, 1952–1953
- Committee on Standards, Chair 1952–1953
- Board of Directors, Member, 1949–1952
- Committee on Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Medical Librarianship, Member, 1948–1950
- Committee to Co-Operate with the American Library Association, Board of Personnel Administration's Task Analysis Study, Chair, 1948–1949
- Nominating Committee, Member, 1945–1948; Chair, 1948
- Committee on Establishing Awards, Member, 947–1948
- Committee on Standardization of Library Statistics, Member, 1936–1937
Honors and Awards
- 100 Most Notables, 1998
- Fellow, 1971
Other Accomplishments & Activities
- Consultant to Medical Library, Chieng Mai, Thailand 1964–1965
- Institute on Developments in Medical Library Administration, Chicago, IL, Co-director, 1962
- 1st International Congress on Medical Librarianship, London, UK, Participant, 1953
- Veterans Administration training courses for librarians, 1949–1950
- Special Libraries Association, Illinois Chapter, Informant, Editor, 1933–1934; President
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PMC.
- Troxel W. The Medical Library Association, 1947–1957. Bull Med Lib Assoc 1957;45:378–85. [cited 24 Mar 2012].
- Troxel W. Cataloging. In: Marshall ML, Doe J, eds. The handbook of medical library practice. 2nd ed. American Library Association; 1956.
- Troxel W. The future in medical library education in the United States. Libri. 1954;3(1):219–25.
- Troxel W. Library service for modern dental education in a combined medical-dental-pharmacy library. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1952 Jan;40(1):21–5. [cited 24 Mar 2012].
- Troxel W. Special training for medical librarianship. Hosp Topics. 1951;29(12):39–40.
- Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Library Administration, University of Illinois, 1945–1970
- Director, Quine Library of Medical Sciences, University of Illinois–Chicago, 1945–1970
- Librarian, Medical and Dental Library, University of Illinois–Chicago,1934–1945
- Cataloger, University of Illinois, 1930–1934
- Assistant Librarian, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1927–1930
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Flower MA. Transcript of oral interview with Wilma Troxel. 1986. (Print copies of the oral history can be found through the Regional Medical Libraries. An oral history summary and photo are available. [cited 24 Mar 2012].)
- MA, Library Science, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1932
- BS, Library Science, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1927
- BS, Mathematics, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1926
(Birth 1906; Death 1994)
Contributed by Diane McKenzie