You are here
Ursula H. Poland
See also Ursula H. Poland's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Cunningham Jury, chair, 1996-97
- Nominating Committee, 1985-86, 1978-79
- Ad Hoc Group to Review the Cunningham International Fellowship Program, chair, 1985-86
- Janet Doe Jury, chair, 1985-86
- National Program Committee, co-chair, 1982-85
- Ad Hoc Committee on MLA Group Structure Implementation, chair, 1978-81
- International Cooperation Committee, chair, 1974-77
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1987
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1986
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1982
- Ida and George Eliot Prize, 1979
Publications (5 representative)
- Poland UH, ed. World Directory of Biological and Medical Sciences Libraries. Munchen: K.G.Saur, 1988. (IFLA Publications 42)
- Poland UH. Reflections on the Medical Library Association's international activities. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1982 Oct; 70(4):359-68.
- Poland UH. Legislative activism in New York State. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1982 Jan; 70(1):54-6.
- McNutt E, Poland UH. Three-way catalog division combined with conversion to Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) in a medium-sized medical library. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1974 Oct; 62(4):388-96.
- Poland UH. New library buildings. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1974 Jul; 62(3):291-5.
- Librarian and Professor of Medical Science, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, 1964-87
- Librarian (part time), Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, 1963-64
- Laboratory Technician, Dept. Biochemistry, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, 1957-61
- School Meals Service Management, Surrey County Council, UK, 1944-46
- Industrial Canteen Management, Messrs Rootes Securities Ltd. London, UK, 1942-44
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Honors and Awards. Proceedings of the 86th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1987 Jan; 75(1):76.
- Medical Library Association. Summary of Oral History Interview with Ursula Poland. Interview conducted on December 19-20, 1982; January 4, 1983 by Estelle Brodman. Chicago, Medical Library Association, 1986. [cited July 16, 2003].
(Birth 1922; Death 2009)