You are here
T. Mark Hodges
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, Obituaries Editor, 2001–2006
- Nominating Committee, member, 1996–1997
- Parliamentarian 1990–1998
- Bylaws Committee, Chair, 1993–1997
- Estelle Brodman Award for Academic Medical Librarian of the Year Jury, Chair, 1987–1988
- Nominating Committee, Member, 1989–1990
- Nominating Committee, Chair, 1985
- Bylaws Committee, Consultant, 1978–1982
- Nominating Committee, Member, 1975–1976
- Program and Convention Committee, Chair, 1972–1973
- Historian, 1995
- Task Force to Promote the Cunningham Fellowship, Member, 1991–2006
- Convention Committee for Nashville Convention, Chair, 1982–1986
- Parliamentarian, 1981–1998
- Chairman, Resolutions Committee, Chair, 1979
- Parliamentarian, 1976–1978
- Chairman, Bylaws Revision Committee, Chair, 1973–1974
- Chairman, Nominating Committee, Chair, 1972
- Southern Chapter of the MLA, Member
New England Group
- Chair, 1968–1969
Honors and Awards
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1999
- 100 Most Notable, 1998
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1995
- Fellow, 1995
- Southern Chapter, Service Award, 2001
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Hodges TM. Introduction of Rachael Keller Anderson, recipient of the Medical Library Association’s 2000 Marcia C. Noyes Award: Proceedings of the One Hundredth Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, Vancouver, BC, Canada; May 2000. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 2001 Jan;89(3):110 .
- Hodges TM. Musings of our meetings: MLA conventions, ’ninety-eight to date. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1998 Jan;86 (1):1–9 [cited 16 Mar 2011] .
- Hodges TM. Technical scale and high-level detail, Vanderbilt’s award-winning Eskind Biomedical Library. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1995 Jul;83(3):333–45 [cited 16 Mar 2011] .
- Hodges TM. The Annette and Irwin Eskind Biomedical Library at Vanderbilt. Comp Methods Prog Biomed. 1994 Sep;44(3,4):209–12 .
- Hodges TM. Eloise C. Foster, President, Medical Library Association, 1988/1999 [president's page] . Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1988 Jul;76(3):273–6 [cited 16 Mar 2011].
- Director, Vanderbilt University Medical Center Library, Nashville, TN, 1972–2006
- Emory University Medical School, Atlanta, GA, 1970–1972
- Harvard University Medical School, Boston, MA, 1964–1970
- Brooklyn Public Library, Brooklyn, NY, 1961–1963
- Swarthmore College Library, Swarthmore, PA, 1960–1961
- Hamilton College Library, Clinton, NY, 1957–1960
- Sheffield Public Library, Sheffield, England, 1953–1957
- National Service in the British Royal Army Educational Corps, 1951–1953
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Helguera BS. T. Mark Hodges, AHIP, FMLA, 1933–2006 [obituary] . J Med Libr Assoc. 2006 Oct;94(4):483–4 [cited 16 Mar 2011.]
- Presentation of awards: Proceedings of the 95th annual meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc.; Washington, D.C.; May 7–10, 1995. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1996 Jan;84(1):146–7 [cited 30 Jan 2004].
(Birth 1933; Death 2006)
Submitted by Judith Hodges and Nancy Lorenzi, AHIP, FMLA