You are here
See also Scott Adams' Oral History Summary.
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1967-68
- Board of Directors, member, 1952-55
Honors and Awards
- President’s Award, 1982
- Fellow, 1978
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1969
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1972
Publications (5 representative)
- Adams S. Medical bibliography in an age of discontinuity. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1981.
- Adams S. The way of the innovator: notes toward a prehistory of MEDLARS. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1972 Oct;60(4):523-33.
- Adams S. MEDLARS: Performance, problems, possibilities. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1965 Apr;53(2):139-51.
- Adams S. Hospital libraries: underdeveloped base for continuing education. Hospitals.1964 Jun 16;38:52-4.
- Adams S. MEDLARS and the library community. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1964 Jan;52(1):171-7.
- Deputy Director, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1960-70
- Director, Foreign Science Information Program, Office of Science Information Service, National Science Foundation, 1959-60
- Librarian, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, 1950-59
- Acting Librarian, Army Medical Library, Washington, DC, 1946-50 Chief of Acquisitions, Army Medical Library, Washington, DC, 1945-46
- Head of Acquisitions and Cataloging, Providence Public Library, Providence, RI, 1943-45
- Head of Acquisitions, Teachers College Library, New York, 1940-42
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Rogers FB. Scott Adams (1909-1982) (obituary). Bull Med Libr Assoc 1983 Apr 71(2):245-8. [cited November 6, 2003] <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC227157/>.
(Birth 1909; Death 1982)