You are here
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Ad Hoc Committee to Examine the Status and Economic Interests of Health Science Library Personnel, 1975-1978
- Committee on Bibliographic Tools, 1972
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, Advertising Manager, 1964-1967
- Joint Committee on Pharmacy College Libraries, Representative, 1960-1963
- Pharmacy Colleges Representative on panel discussions of Library Standards at the 1962 Annual Meeting
- Pharmacy Group, Chair, 1959
New York Regional Group
- Chair, 1966-1967
- Secretary, 1961-1963
- Advisory Committee of Librarians, Medical Library Center of New York, chair, 1973-1976
- Board of Trustees, Medical Library Center of New York, member, 1975-1976
- Advisory Committee of Librarians, Medical Library Center of New York, member, 1979-1982
- Advisory Committee of the Regional Medical Library of New York and New Jersey, member, 1969-1982
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1990
- New York Academy of Sciences, member, 1966-1990
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central
- Rosenstein P. Carmel, Michael, ed. Medical Librarianship, London, Library Association, 1981. [book review] Bull Med Libr Assoc 1983 Jul; 71(3):351-352. Rosenstein P. A medical librarian's bag of tricks: coordinating books and media. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1975 April; 63(2):186-188.
- Rosenstein P. Some implications for libraries of the recent Williams & Wilkins decision. Spec Libr 1972 May/June 63:275-276.
- Rosenstein P. One hundred books for the Pharmacist's Library. Amer Prof Pharm 1965 May 31:31-39.
- Rosenstein P. Uniterm indexing of the literature of pharmacy administration. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1963 Jul; 51(4):392-396.
- University Librarian/Director of Libraries, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1966-1990.
- Library Director, Brooklyn College of Pharmacy, Brooklyn, NY,1955-1966
- Reference Librarian, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1952-1955
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Rosenstein H. Philip Rosenstein, 1922-1993. [obituary]. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 1993 Oct; 81(4):469-70.
- Basile VA; Taylor M: In Memoriam: Philip Rosenstein, New York/New Jersey Chapter MLA News 1993 Spring 23(2):10.
- Meyerhoff E: Philip Rosenstein (February 5, 1922 � March 25, 1993) A Remembrance, New York/New Jersey Chapter MLA News 1993 Spring 23(2):11.
- Awards luncheon and ceremony. Proceedings, 90th Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Detroit, Michigan May 18-24, 1990. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1991 January; 79(1): 134. [cited March 26, 2007]
(Birth 1922; Death 1993)
Submitted by Judith Cohn